OCD 1

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Another agonizing day of OCD

Hey everyone,

Argghhhhhh, what a distressful day. I continually obsess and obsess and obsess. As soon as I get rid of oen obsession, another one just pops up right in its path. It's an on going cycle of perpetual doom!

Oh God, deliver me!

I guess it's never wrong to pray.

What I REALLY want is to make this blog reach far places, but whenever I start to get excited about something, I begin to OBSESS over it! For example, this blog. Before this blog, I had another account which was named Edward Tyler, and now my current name is Tareq Fareed. I keep obsessing, and then switching from one account to another. I delete one account, then I make another, then I delete that account, then I put the previous name. Arghgh!

But hopefully, just putting it out there, and revealing what's truly bothering me to the world, will help me and all of you learn that we're not alone.

SHARE what's one your mind! And hopefully, you'll be blessed.

If anyone has a clue about what to do with this account issue, let me know!

Most definitely, Exposure Response prevention is the best way to go. But when my OCD is so bad, it just doesn't seem to work! When I refrain from the rituals, they just get stronger and stronger instead of getting weaker and weaker!

Also, another thing I've tried is to focus on my breathing, which I don't deny, helps with anxiety, but the OCD thought itself remains like an iron at the back of my mind! :(:'( I've heard from some psychologists (and lord knows I've seen many) is that OCD is starting to be classified as not an anxiety disorder, but as a separate condition. And now, I'm starting to see that that makes sense.

I guess all we can do, is to firmly have faith in God. What I often do, is keep God remembered in my thoughts, and that really eases a lot of the distress.

Anyways that's all I have to say, so good luck with you OCD!

With love,
Tareq

No comments:

Post a Comment