OCD 1

Friday, November 15, 2013

Sleep and OCD



Hey everyone,

I started to realize that sleep is an important factor in dealing with OCD. When and OCDer oversleeps, it tends to keep the mind in a lazy state, and in an inability to be mentally active enough to resist compulsions. Lord knows I'm a heavy sleeper, and it has taken on its toll. I'd be like a zombie carrying out rituals throughout the whole day. But with the right amount of sleep, I feel better, and I function better.

This is of course not to say that getting little sleep will do you any good either. Undersleeping can lead to hypersensitivity to stimuli and to the thoughts that enter your head, so as to reduce the ability to acheive habituation to the OCD thoughts. Once I used to think that sleeping little will solve the problem, but it only made things worse. So careful!

My current obsession has something to do with opening and closing a door will hitting my feet on the door as I'm closing it. THe current numebrs are 16,15,14, which is good, and better than 17,16,15. Everything is so meticulous and numerical when it comes to my OCD.

All I want, is to merely survive through my days without putting a bullet to my head. It's because life is beautiful no matter how much the suffering, and no matter how much the pain and anguish.

HOLD ON, SHARE, LAUGH, AND SMILE.

With love,
Tareq

No comments:

Post a Comment