OCD 1

Friday, November 15, 2013

If you have OCD, GO OUT OFTEN!



Hey everyone,

I just wanted to put this post up to write down something I learned today about OCD. OCD's best friend is IDLE time, and where is the most attractive environment for IDLE time? Your house!

For the past two days I've been staying at home, drowning in my own OCD pool of misery, repeating the same things over a hundred of times. The viscous cycle of OCD seems to be getting louder and louder each time I give in and feed it fire. It burns and causes enormous pain.

But coming back from a small trip with my family, my OCD was able to keep at bay. In the car, my family and I sang, and in the store, we walked all around, and I was heavily distracted by all the stimuli of sounds, lights, people, people talking, walking, and so forth.

So if you have OCD, try to get out EVERYDAY!

With love,
Tareq

No comments:

Post a Comment