OCD 1

Friday, November 15, 2013

Piss Off your OCD



Hey everyone,

Something I learned about dealing with OCD is you HAVE TO PISS IT OFF!

To put it simply, treat it like a massive bully with giant arms and strong legs that can really beat the living hell out of you. But the problem with this bully, is that when he gets pissed off, he runs away instead of fighting. Quite a weird bully right? But yeah, that's it.

For example, my fear is mainly of numbers, so what I do is do the obsessive action in a manner in which I don't keep count, and that way I can haze off the strength of the obsession, and it dissolves with the uncertainty I give it.

You feel the stove is off, leave it on, and imagine the worst possible outcome imaginable and say, "Bring it on!"

You want to open and close the door five times, open it and close it quickly so that you can't keep count.

PISS OFF YOUR OCD BY DOING EXACTLY WHAT IT DOESN'T WANT YOU TO DO.

Remember to Share, Laugh, and piss off your OCD.

With love,
Tareq

No comments:

Post a Comment