OCD 1

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I'm OCD, and I'm studying psychology at university. HUUUH?



Hey everyone,

OH MY GOD! That's all I have to say. Well, not really. For the past three hours, I've been opening and closing windows on the computer, while breathing in a certain way, while counting in certain numbers, while looking up and down a certain number of times, while recounting and making sure I got everything right.

I ask you, AM I SANE?

Lol it really is funny how this OCD can drag you through such complex equation like problem solving mechanisms. It all really is a coping mechanism. What I learned is, without OCD, I'd constantly be in a mental hospital, or diagnosed with schizophrenia. Because OCD is my CONTROL MECHANISM. So what we can try to do once in a while is to thank God we have OCD. Well, to a certain degree at least.

Still lingering in thought on the lecture I had today on my lack of 'academic performance'. All the while they were talking, I said to myself, "You do know that you're going to end up as a janitor." I'm not being negative (I think), but I am being realistic, judging (sadly) by my mental performance.

As I said earlier, the two things that can help with OCD are SHARING and LAUGHING. As far as laughing goes, guess what I'm studying at university. PSYCHOLOGY. Wow, that's hilarious. While my patients (whether they have OCD or not) sit in front of me, I'll be counting the hairs on their heads.

FML

SHARE AND OPEN UP AND LAUGH AND KNOW, YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

With love,
Tareq

No comments:

Post a Comment