OCD 1

Saturday, November 16, 2013

OCD is like a whirlpool



Hey everyone,

I just had an epiphany.

Think of OCD as a giant whirlpool. Every time your OCD triggers, think before you act on the ritual. Watch yourself in a detached perspective as you're about to give in to the ritual, and then say to yourself, "Okay, I must know that if I give in just a little bit, I'll probably end up spending A LOT of unnecessary time fulfilling the demands of this ritual to perfection. So, I'm not going to ignite the fire."

If you are able to resist them from the very beginning, it's FAR easier than to resist in the middle of the ritual. In fact, what I found out is that if you resist in the middle of the ritual, it MAY lead to a derealisation episode, let alone, a psychotic episode. So, if you feel that it's hard to resist in the middle of the ritual, then just give in.

However, if you can resist to enter into the whirlpool from the beginning and not get sucked in, then all the better.

With love,
Tareq

No comments:

Post a Comment