OCD 1

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

NUMBERS, NUMBERS, NUMBERS!



Hey everyone,

OH MY GOD! SO DISTRESSED! All I see are NUMBERS, NUMBERS, NUMBERS!

I think a good way to deal with OCD is to fully express what's on your mind, whether it's through a blog, a therapist, or an OCD mentor.

So what I'm going to express now, is my fear of numbers.

I do everything in 3s and 6s. Anything that I do in 2s or 4s or 8s is a disaster for me. EVERYTHING. Almost every move I make is another obsession, and another time to count and count and COUNT. Sometimes, I'd go into deeper numbers, such as 0.25 or 0.50 or even so specific as 0.25/2 which equals 0.125, or EVEN 0.125/2 which equals 0.0625. I keep doing the obsessions accordingly, until I reach 3 or 6. ARGGHH.

The reason I'm saying all of this is to just show that no matter what the obsession is, and no matter how insane it may seem, YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

And sometimes even, if I find a solution or a coping mechanism for my OCD, I start to obsess ABOUT THAT SOLUTION. For example, my current solution is to constantly express what's on my mind. Now, I start to obsess over who I still have to express my thoughts to, whether it's through the audience of a blog, a therapist, or an OCD mentor.

DO YOU SEE HOW TRICKY OCD CAN GET?!

OCD is almost like a genius at making me miserable.

But nonetheless, we carry on, through the darkest of days.

With love,
Tareq

No comments:

Post a Comment