OCD 1

Saturday, November 16, 2013

YOU'LL SURVIVE



Hey everyone,

It's been a rough day. I spent nearly three hours constantly picking away at my skin, because of my thrichotilomania. Not sure how you spell it, but it refers to the OCD manifestation of skin picking. It's disgusting I know, but it's obsessive and viscous in nature.

The one thing that truly keeps me going is that I tell myself, "Tareq, you'll survive." That phrase keeps me going, knowing that hopefully, things will get easier and simpler. OCD makes everything 150% harder than it should be. One little stimuli, or one little tendency to give into the ritual, and then you fall into the whirlpool of suffering and repeated behaviour.

It's a hard road, with lots of challenges that the OCD will throw at you. But remember, YOU'LL SURVIVE.

With love,
Tareq

No comments:

Post a Comment