OCD 1

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

God Forsaken, an excerpt

Hey everyone,

Here's an excerpt from my book, God Forsaken. Please support me! It'd mean so much. Besides, I'm sure you'll like the book.

Here's the excerpt:

Tap, tapping of chalk on the black board behind me. I look back, and Fadil is writing poetry on the black board. His whole body is slightly moving as he does it, almost as if he’s dancing with the poetry he’s writing. Bits and crumbs of the chalk he’s using are falling to the wooden floor, and some of it even lands on Fadil’s shirt. In the background, the kid I talked to earlier about music is elegantly playing the piano. His hands are swaying from the left to the right of the piano as he passionately makes gestures on his face as he moves his head around a bit with the music. Chalk-writing on the board, piano playing, chattering, and laughter fills the classroom, and I feel content that this is a true class. Embracing what their passions desire in the moment rather than teaching them about the past which is a prison, and the future which is a mystery.

Here's the photo of the book and the link to the smashwords page:


https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/374795 

Let me know what you think!

With love,
Tareq

No comments:

Post a Comment