OCD 1

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Obsessions that last for a month?

Hey everyone,

What I'm really trying to do is to start a new blog on Islam, me being a Muslim and all. But I KEEP obsessing over what name I should give it. (The URL and the name) It's so DISTRESSFUL! I make it, then I delete it.

So maybe what I do is I'll start posting certain verses of the Quran over here instead. That's if, of course, I can get over the fear.

As I said earlier, anything I get excited over becomes an obsession.

I sincerely tried to overcome the OCD, so that future fears can be neutral instead of fearsome, but I keep falling right back into the trap.

What happens sometimes is I'll have a certain fear that sticks with me for SO LONG. As long as probably a MONTH or more! What the hell?! The good side to this is that the small fears and obsessions go away, because I am so fixated on the bigger one. Usually, I have to do this obsession on a certain time and day. I know, it's ridiculous. But it's OCD.

My current big obsession is to ask my mom to say a phrase on saturday at a certain time. The phrase has to do something with the bump on my finger caused by trichotilomania. However, despite the big obsession, I still have the small ones. Argh!

Anyways, that's all I have to say currently, so take care.

With love,
Tareq

No comments:

Post a Comment